I'm Literally Banned from Minecraft 😡

 

who asked

F

or a few years, I've been a pretty big fan of Microsoft, since they are the company behind my favorite operating system (Windows) and my favorite video game (Minecraft). But after what happened today I no longer think of them so highly. The reason, as you can see in both the post's title and the image, is because I was literally banned from Minecraft multiplayer, and the marketplace, and even from changing my character skin. Minecraft is on the road to becoming as bad as Roblox.

I'll just say it right now: Microsoft, at least whoever banned me, sucks.

Thankfully my ban only lasts 2 days, so it won't be long until I can continue playing like usual and I won't need to worry about figuring out how to evade the ban. And I was only banned from multiplayer and marketplace content so I will still be able to build houses and play the game on my own. But I am NOT playing Java Edition until the time is up, since as you can see above, you must click the "Acknowledge" button to continue playing, which is essentially admitting defeat which I am not doing. I'll stick to Bedrock Edition the next few days.

And clicking the link does nothing helpful either, it just takes me to a webpage that explains how to report a player.

You can see in the screenshot that I was banned for "abusive language used in a directed, harmful manner." Define "abusive" please, Microsoft.

A few days before the ban, I was playing Hide and Seek on the Hive. If you've ever played that game mode before, you'll know that players can vote for which map they want to play on. Sometimes the map I voted for didn't win, so I would jokingly type in the chat that the voting is rigged. That's the only thing I can think of, since I never am intentionally rude in the chat. But how is it abusive? And even if I was serious, making a remark about the voting being rigged is not abusive in any way.

I even read through the entire Minecraft community standards, EULA, code of conduct, and ToS, and there are no rules in any of those documents that I would have broken by joking about the map voting being rigged.

However, once again, it isn't the end of the world, since I was only banned for 2 days. But if I ever do get banned permanently, I'd probably start a lawsuit against Microsoft as soon as I turn 21. And I'd use the money to buy an alt account to start playing Minecraft again. Let's hope that never happens though.

But anyways, that's all I had. Please share this post wherever possible to help raise awareness of Minecraft's huge problem. And whatever you do, don't EVER joke about Hive Hide and Seek's map voting being rigged.

--ILikeSlugs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Release of the Stellar Mesh!

Happy 15th Birthday, Minecraft!