Update on My Project

 

Image source: wccftech.com

Remember a few days ago when I mentioned that I would soon be developing the first ever interstellar VPN? Well, it turns out that in order to begin that, I will first need to do something much more complicated.

On Earth, most VPNs work by routing your internet traffic through other servers. This means that if I want to develop an interstellar VPN like GalaxySafe, I must first establish a large network infrastructure of servers spread throughout the galaxy. This network will be called the StellarMesh.

I plan on using JSON for the StellarMesh by creating a different JSON file for each celestial body that I want to include. This may sound easy, but it will probably take awhile. I want to cover at least three, maybe four solar systems, including the one we live in. Each JSON file would contain information about each celestial body. A crucial piece of information I would need to include for each body is the presence or absence of a server. I will specify whether or not the celestial body has a server by using a boolean value.

For stars, I will list all planets orbiting them in an array. For planets, I will list most moons orbiting them in an array as well. I'd also include physical characteristics of each body such as its mass, whether or not it has a breathable atmosphere (for planets and potentially moons), its luminosity (for stars), etc.

I also plan on making the StellarMesh Project open-source on GitHub when I finish it. But that will be a little while from now.

And that's it for this post. I just wanted to mention the StellarMesh project since it will be the backbone for all interstellar or interplanetary communication and connectivity, including GalaxySafe.

--ILikeSlugs

Comments