My Biggest Pet Peeve

 

HOW DOES ANYBODY SEE A PC IN THIS???

Hello readers. In today's post, I will be talking about something that has been bothering me for months. You can probably tell what it is by the image and caption above. I will get straight to the point without any further ado.

I watch a lot of Minecraft YouTube videos, often where the content creator will use extremely high-quality graphics or shaders in Minecraft. When they do this, the game will often lag (what I mean is that the frames per second drop down to less than 20), and they will joke by saying that their "PC is about to explode". However, sometimes, they will show a clip of what they are calling a PC, but obviously is not: that weird box that you see in the image above.

How can somebody even label that as a PC? It is beyond words how unintelligent it is to call an item a PC when it clearly isn't. Take a good look at the item in the image. You can clearly see that it has no screen, so even if it somehow could process memory, store files, and run an operating system, there would be no use for it because you couldn't see what you were doing.

The Four Types of Computers

In our world, there are four types of computers. I will list them below and I will describe them in detail afterward. I will also insert an image of each type of computer.
  1. PC
  2. MacBook
  3. Mac
  4. iMac

1. PC

Image source: pcworld.com

A PC is the type of computer that everyone in my house who is old enough (myself, my mother, my father, my older brother, and my older sister) uses. PCs are really good computers because they can be easily transported, and they can be used without the need of any additional components. (Of course, it can be beneficial to use a mouse, but a PC comes with a built-in pad on its keyboard that can be used if you don't have a mouse). A standard PC can run a variety of operating systems, but Windows and Linux are the most common. (Note that a standard PC cannot run Macintosh without virtualization software; the only PC that can run it "vanilla" is a MacBook which I will talk about next).

PCs are known by many different names, such as laptops, notebooks, and portable computers. And by looking at the PC that you see in the image, you can easily see that a PC is most certainly not a glowing box with spinny wheels inside, but rather a convenient electronic device with a screen, a built-in keyboard, and often a built-in mouse substitute.

2. MacBook

Image source: digitaltrends.com

A MacBook is a special type of PC manufactured exclusively by Apple that is designed to run the Macintosh operating system. Other than the fact that it runs Macintosh and has the Apple logo behind the screen, it's essentially exactly the same as a PC.

3. Mac

Image source: istockphoto.com
A mac is the most popular type of computer. As the image shows, it consists of a mini TV, a keyboard, and a mouse, completely separate from each other. Don't ask me how it's possible for a TV to run an operating system, because I have no idea. All I know is that it can when (somehow?) combined with a keyboard. Besides the fact that the components are separate, a mac is the same as a PC. Standard macs can run any operating system except for Macintosh.

I've never used a mac before, so I don't know how this works, but where on Earth would a USB device plug into one? And the charger as well? Unless the charging and USB ports are on the back of the TV, I have no idea.

The picture of a mac was extremely hard to find, because of the most insane and dumb reason. Nearly every picture online of a mac, except for this one, contained that weird box thing that I mentioned at the beginning of the post. Somehow, it seems like mac users are brainwashed into thinking that the glowing box is a part of their computer. In fact, many people for some reason think that the glowing box is their computer. But don't believe it. Anyone in their right mind will know without a doubt that a glowing box has nothing to do with a computer of any kind. It looks more like an Internet router if anything.

Similar to PCs, macs are known by a variety of names, the most common being desktop computer.

4. iMac

Image source: techradar.com

The final computer on this list is the iMac: a type of mac manufactured by Apple. As you can see in the image, the iMac runs the Macintosh operating system and has the Apple logo just below the screen on the TV. Not much else to say here, because other than the difference in manufacturer and operating system, an iMac is no different from a standard mac.

And that concludes today's post. I hope you enjoyed reading, but more importantly, I hope you learned something about correct computer terminology. But most important of all, I hope you learned that a computer, including a PC, is not a weird glowing box.

--ILikeSlugs

Comments